Friday, February 22, 2019

Blog Post Preparation

     Hi! As the school year nears the end of the quarter, it is time to start the final project. I have been very excited to work on this all year, and have been waiting for this moment. Towards the beginning of the year, my partners and I chose the task of developing a film opening over a magazine. We all thought it would be easier and we would be more successful with the film, because we enjoy watching movies and are familiar with the media industry. My group members are Callie Carpinteri and Sara Joseph. Being best friends, we believe that it will be easy for us to work together and create a successful project to submit to Cambridge.

     In class today, we watched a powerpoint explaining how to write an effective blog post. From explaining the preparation processes, too critiquing our end result, our teacher went over the necessities in which need to be followed. I will be using this blog in order to post my thought process behind the elements chosen for the film opening. At first, I was worried because I am not always the best at explaining in depth why I choose to do specific things. However, after the presentation I am feeling more confident in my abilities to create a well written blog.

     I am going to incorporate the elements discussed in the powerpoint into my own research. I believe it is the most effective way to explain what I am thinking behind my artistic decisions. I plan on posting on this blog four times a week, giving the reader a journey through my media development. I am going to break down my blog posts to keep me on track. As the powerpoint discussed, I will write my posts in the order of preparation, development of the piece, final product, and then critiquing. It has been successful for years prior, so I plan on incorporating this method into my piece.

     My group members and I discussed what our possible genre would be for the film opening today. We all had different ideas we were passionate about. While I thought it would be better to do a suspenseful and mysterious film opening, Callie wanted to do a dramatic plot. We are still in between topics on what genre to do, because we both have good ideas. We gave ourselves a time limit to attempt to figure out our genre by this weekend, so next weekend we can start the storyboard for our film. Overall, I think we had a promising first day. Learning how to properly blog, and starting the genre research for our post, I feel like my team has a good start on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection

Refection